Knowing how to choose a company you can trust to clean your home or office is a big deal in the cleaning industry. Cleaning is an intimate service that can save time, but also opens you to theft, property damage, and even physical harm in extreme cases. Therefore, knowing what to ask for and taking the time and effort to hire a cleaning service provider that you can trust is key.
How to Choose A Company In The Cleaning Services Industry
The following are a few of the most important things you should be aware of when choosing a cleaning service for your home or business:
Make Sure Your Cleaning Service Is Insured
This step is pretty straightforward. All you need to do is request that a cleaning service you are considering have their insurance company provide you with a copy of their certificate of insurance. Additionally, you can check to see if the company’s insurance policy was ever cancelled.
- A house cleaning company might present a photocopy of their insurance policy as proof of insurance. However, you shouldn’t accept this, because it is possible that the policy is no longer current. You need absolute proof of insurance from the insurance company. Otherwise, you could be unknowingly putting yourself at risk while still paying the rate of an insured house cleaning company.
Make sure the cleaning service has worker’s compensation. This ensures that any injuries a cleaner may sustain while on your property are covered, and pays for lost wages so that an employee won’t be tempted to sue you.
References And Background Check
Always ask for references of current clients, and contact them to get the scoop. Try to check out at least 4 and ask for a variety of clients to get a better feel for how the service you are considering is regarded. Additionally, you will want to go with an agency that:
- Has cross-checked their worker’s documentation to verify true identity.
- Runs background checks to identify felony and misdemeanor convictions over the past seven years.
- Reviews each worker’s credit history upon application, and checks prior employment and previous judgments against workers.
Protect Your Valuables From Improper Products
Prior to the first cleaning, do a walkthrough with the cleaner to point out any particularly delicate or expensive items that need extra care and ask what they plan to use on the various surfaces. It is possible that inexperienced cleaners may use inappropriate products or use the right products incorrectly, which may cause permanent damage to your property.
Knowing how to choose a company you can trust also involves ensuring that you are on the same page when it comes to services provided and extra services. To figure this out, just ask the cleaning service for a cleaning checklist that lists all services they will provide during each cleaning.
- If you are hiring a home cleaner, ask if they charge extra for services such as: washing dishes, washing baseboards, making beds, changing sheets, and more. You don’t want unexpected charges popping up every time you are billed.
Once you understand how to choose a cleaning company you can trust, you can get out there and find that perfect service with confidence. While things can go awry in any partnership, applying the above principles should decrease the chance of you getting burned by your service by a great deal. For more tips and to find out more about hiring a quality cleaning service, check out more posts from our blog or contact us for a free estimate today!