Your 2016 Move-Out Checklist
Are you planning a move? If so, you probably already know that before you leave your rental unit for the last time, you’ve got to make sure it’s as clean as possible (especially if you’re counting on getting your security deposit back!) Check out the helpful checklist we use that will ensure you have the best move-out clean. Though it may seem daunting, you need not worry. We are here to provide the elbow grease.
- Remove all nails and spackle over holes. Don’t forget to sandpaper smooth and paint, if needed.
- Clean ceiling and wall fixtures
- Dust all ledges.
- Clean the windows – from the inside and outside (if possible)
- Clean the door knobs and doors.
- Clean walls and baseboards
- Vacuum all floors
- Get rid of all the cobwebs
- Remove all soap scum off the bathroom tiles, especially the shower.
- Clean and sanitize all drawers
- Clean the toilet, sink, countertop.
- Wash the floors, focusing on cleaning the grout
- Clean all mirrors
- Vacuum out the surface of the exhaust fan
- Clean out all cabinets and liners
- Wash the front of the cabinets
- Polish appliances with stainless steel cleaner
- Clean and disinfect all countertops
- Clean and shine up the sink and faucet
- Scrub the refrigerator inside and out
- Scrub the oven inside and out.
- Clean out the dishwasher if you have one (yes, even cleaning appliances need to be cleaned!)
- Clean exhaust fan if needed
- Remove all appliances and sweep behind them
- Dust, sweep, vacuum and mop these empty rooms
- Clean and dust closet walls and shelves